- Drag the mirethMusic folder to wherever you keep app software.
- Double click the mirethMusic icon to launch the app.
- The Registration dialog will appear when you launch the app:
click to enlarge
- To register, enter the Registration Key/Serial Number supplied when you bought the app and click the “Register” Button.
- The easiest way to do this is to copy (Ctrl C) and paste (Ctrl V) the information from the email we sent you.
- If you purchased a CD, the Serial Number/Registration Key is also on the CD jacket.
- If there is a problem with the registration information, the “Invalid Registration Information” dialog will appear. To correct the problem, refer to the “mirethMusic FAQ”.
Your default music app is the one that is launched to play an audio file when you double-click the audio file. By default, iTunes is your default music app, but you can change that to mirethMusic, if you prefer. If you change your default to mirethMusic and want to use iTunes, just launch iTunes to play an audio file, instead of double-clicking the audio file. To make mirethMusic your default music app, do the following:
To use mirethMusic as the default music app when a CD is inserted
- Open the System Preferences
- Select CDs & DVDs
- Click the “When you insert a Music CD” pop-up menu and select mirethMusic
To use mirethMusic as the default music app when a Music file type (MP3, OGG, etc) is double clicked:
- In the Finder, single click a music file
- File->Get Info
- Disclose the > Open With: area
- From the pop-up, select mirethMusic
- Click the “Change All” button
- If you’ve created an alias to mirethMusic, drag it to the Trash.
- If you are running mirethMusic from the Dock, drag it out of the Dock.
- Drag the mirethMusic folder from your Applications folder to the Trash.
- Empty the Trash.
For more information about mirethMusic
- mirethMusic FAQ
- mirethMusic Read Me (pdf) - also included in the app download
- mirethMusic Specifications and System Requirements
- mirethMusic Tutorials
- Contact Support