|May 07, 2003
Standard compliant shredding is now available for your OS 9 Macintosh - Mireth Technology releases ShredIt 5.0
Mireth Technology has released version 5.0 of ShredIt for Mac OS 8&9. A privacy utility, ShredIt is the electronic document shredder for Macintosh OS 8 & 9 computers that securely deletes files, folders and disk free space. Throwing a file in the trash does not remove the file contents from the hard disk - it just removes the file name from the directory, leaving the data intact and vulnerable. What you threw away can be recovered by anyone with access to your computer - your roommate, a business associate, the thief who just emptied out your office. Don't risk throwing private and confidential data in the trash - securely delete it with ShredIt.
New in this release is optional standards compliance, with the option to shred to Department of Defense 5220 standard, NSA standard or Gutmann standard. In addition, the select from menu interface has been enhanced to offer freespace shredding from the menu as well as by dragging and dropping a disk onto the ShredIt icon.
Key features include:
- Safe Place feature protects data from accidental shredding
- Easy-to-use interface (drag and drop or select from menu)
- the option to shred files, folders, disk from space, items on external drives
- the Confirm before shred option
- can shred items already thrown in the trash
- compliant with US Department of Defense, NSA and Gutmann electronic shredding standards
- a configurable overwrite pattern and number of overwrites
ShredIt - the eDocument shredder (TM)
Price: Shredit costs $ 19.95(US) and can be ordered from Mireth's web site at http://www.mireth.com. This is a free upgrade for existing ShredIt for OS 8&9 users. Volume licensing is also available.
Availability: Download a copy (free demo included) from http://www.mireth.com/pub/download.html. ShredIt for Macintosh OS X & ShredIt for Windows also available.
System Requirements: Mac OS 8.x or Mac OS 9.x
More information: go to http://www.mireth.com/pub/sime.html or contact Mireth Technology at email@example.com