|February 12, 2004
NSA Standard compliant shredding is now available for your OS X Macintosh - Mireth Technology releases ShredIt X 5.4
Mireth Technology has released version 5.4 of ShredIt X. A privacy utility, ShredIt X is the electronic document shredder for Macintosh OS X computers that securely deletes files, folders and disk free space. Throwing a file in the trash does not remove the file contents from the hard disk - it just removes the file name from the directory, leaving the data intact and vulnerable. What you threw away can be recovered by anyone with access to your computer - your roommate, a business associate, the thief who just emptied out your office. Don't risk throwing private and confidential data in the trash - securely delete it with ShredIt.
New in this release is the is optional NSA standard compliance. In addition, the “confirm before shred” option has been added to free space shredding.
Key features include:
- “Safe Place” feature protects data from accidental shredding
- Easy-to-use interface ("drag and drop" or “select from menu”)
- the option to shred files, folders, disk from space, items on external drives
- the "Confirm before shred" option
- can shred items already thrown in the trash
- compliant with US Department of Defense, NSA and Gutmann electronic shredding standards
- configurable to comply with multiple standards at the same time
- a configurable overwrite pattern and number of overwrites
ShredIt - the eDocument shredder (TM)
Price: Shredit X costs $ 19.95(US) and can be ordered from Mireth's web site. This is a free upgrade for existing ShredIt X users. Volume licensing is also available.
Availability: Download a copy (free demo included) from http://www.mireth.com/pub/download.html. ShredIt for Macintosh OS8,9 & ShredIt for Windows also available.
System Requirements: OS X 10.x
More information: go to http://www.mireth.com/pub/sxme.html