|Sep 2, 2004
Mireth Technology launches new digital music software - Music Man released
Vancouver, BC, Sep 2, 2004 -- Mireth Technology Corp. announces the launch of Music Man, digital music software that rips from CD, converts between formats, burns to CD or to USB Flash Drive Memory and plays music files, CDs and directly from USB Flash. Music Man runs on Mac OS X.
Music Man was developed to provide support for MP3 devices other than Apples. Initially supporting MP3 files and MP3 CD, Music Man was called MacMP3CD. With the addition of support for USB Flash Drive MP3 players, MacMP3CD was re-named Music Man.
We added support for USB Flash Drive MP3 players and I tested it over a summer of weekends spent at the beach with the kids. said Donna Johnson, President of Mireth Technology Corp. The first thing I found was that I could only use one earpiece because I needed to keep one ear open. I couldnt hear both tracks but I could hear the kids. So we added the mono mixdown feature to put both tracks on both earpieces. This also turned to be a great way to share the player with my husband, without having to take turns. The MP3 player was now almost perfect, except it only played an hour of music. So we added the variable quality burn feature. At AM Radio quality burn, I got 4 hours of music on a 64mb flash drive.
Key features of Music Man include:
- Rips Audio CDs to MP3 or to Ogg Vorbis, one track at a time, or the whole CD
- Converts between MP3, WMA, Wav and Ogg Vorbis
- Plays music from anywhere on your computer, as well as Audio CDs, MP3 CDs, and directly from USB Flash Drive
- Burns CDs and CDRWs. Burning using a compressed digital music formats burns 10 hours of music on 1 CD
- Burns to USB Flash Drive Memory
- "AM Radio" quality burn option to get 4 hours of music on a 64 mb USB Flash Drive
- Mono Mixdown feature for for Both Tracks/One Ear listening on USB Flash Drive
Pricing and Availability
Music Man for Mac OS X is available for immediate download or on CD-ROM, starting at $19.95. Educational pricing and volume discounts are available. For more information, visit www.mireth.com/musicman.html
About Mireth Technology Corp.
Founded in 1991, Mireth Technology Corp. (www.mireth.com) produces easy-to-use and cost effective Macintosh software, including ShredIt, NetShred, iVCD, Music Man, and MacVCD, the best selling Macintosh VCD playing software in the world. Mireth is well-known in the industry for providing robust, well-tested products and outstanding customer support. A Vancouver based corporation, Mireth Technology produces The right software for the job.(TM)